Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Panache of Spinach

I made grilled mozzarella, marinara, pepperoni and spinach sandwiches for lunch, but someone picked their spinach off their sandwich. Though I am not blameless in the picky eating category, I've always loved spinach.

Juicing spinach is thrilling. My four year old helped me by using the food pushing tool and we both exclaimed at the bright green juice that dripped through the fountain. My guess is that even Popeye the Sailor man would switch from eating spinach by the can if he tried my recipe today:

2 apples
1 pear
3 large carrots
1 1/2 c. raw spinach
1 celery stalk (leaves and all)
1 tomato



p.s. Someone who didn't want spinach on their sandwich sucked down a tall glass of this juice a few hours later proclaiming it "great!"

No comments:

Post a Comment