Friday, January 13, 2012

Mixing Melons

Rather new to the juicing world, I have been selecting ingredients soley based on personal craving.  Additionally, I have been cautious with my new juicer and have taken a bit of time to "prep" fruits and veggies before I juice them.  Cutting stems and seeds out of fruit, peeling clementines, etc.

Today I used cantaloupe with my other standard fruits and veggies.  It was delicious and slightly tropical tasting.  Although, I think I'll halve the amount of melon I use next time (from 1/2 melon to 1/4 melon), as it was a super sweet juice.

But I read today that some people advise against mixing any other fruits with melons when you juice.  Apparently this can cause some kind of bad reaction?  Also interesting is that many cantaloupe nutrients are in the rind.  I cut the rind off today, but next time I will definitely try leaving it on!

Today's concoction:
1/2 cantaloupe (rind and pulp removed)
2 apples
1 pear
3 celery stalks
1 1/2 c. raw kale

No comments:

Post a Comment