Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Juice Fun vs. Juice Fast

My dabbling in juicing has been very rewarding.  The benefits my husband and I have experienced are increased energy level, decrease craving for junk food, and clarity of thought.  We're basically having fun.

My mom just started the ten-day juice fast.  It is my understanding that the beginning of the fast is very difficult.  My mom is in the trenches of the juice fast.

News from the Trenches
Yesterday was her first day and she drank only juice all day and ate an avocado before bed.  Besides being hungry all the time, she is also not enjoying such delicious recipes as I am.  She is following a strict 80/20 ratio of vegetables to fruit.  Keep up the good work, Mom.

Meanwhile, I will keep having fun.  I find 3:30 in the afternoon to be a groggy time of day for me.  The last few days have been much improved since I've begun juicing.

Afternoon Delight:
1 1/2 c. raw spinach
3 carrots
2 celery stalks
2 apples
1 pear
10 strawberries
1 tomato



No comments:

Post a Comment