Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Juice-To-Go

It's happened a few times lately that I decided to make juice right before running errands.  If I haven't yet finished my tall drink I have just taken it with me in the car.  It's ten times more effective at refreshing me than a cup of coffee.

Today my hubby requested juice before a German language lesson.  It was a two hour class that according to him "flew by".  He credits the juice-to-go as part of the reason it was so fruitful...pardon the pun. 

Fast, Frothy and Fabulous:
1/2 peeled cucumber
1 tomato
2 apples
1 pear
2 celery stalks
1 1/2 c. raw spinach


P.S.  The "Pulp Bread" I made Saturday had mixed reviews.  The bread flavor was overpowered somewhat by the kale pulp.  But one six-year-old member of the family who normally has an aversion to all things green, can not get enough of it.  He had some for an after school snack today...
Maybe my 6 year old likes it because of the chocolate frosting I put on top...

No comments:

Post a Comment