Saturday, January 21, 2012

Get Well Soon Juice

Our household was ravaged by the stomach bug this past week.  Each person got it, one after another (my six year old got it twice) until I was the last one standing.  I thought my prenatal vitamins and daily juicing was going to preserve me from this virus, but alas, a body can only take so much exposure before succumbing!

Two days without juicing allowed me to fully rehydrate myself, but I admit I had been missing my raw beverage.  I did find a great recipe online to use to fight the commom cold and flu, which I look forward to using next time I feel that characteristic tickle in the back of my throat (for me, a sign of oncoming illness).  But with the stomach bug, I believe the only thing to do is "starve the fever" until the worst is over...

On The Mend Blend:
1 tomato
2 celery stalks
2 c. spinach
4 strawberries
2 pears
1 apple
1 cucumber, peeled
Easily digestible, chock-full of viatmins

No comments:

Post a Comment