Friday, February 3, 2012

A Two-Juice Day

A juice-a-day has gone from thrilling to comfortable for me.  I know it's still months away for me too try a juice fast, what with pregnancy and nursing in the foreseeable future.  But I get a lot of pleasure from reading the inspiring posts on the Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead Community Page on Facebook.

There are literally thousands of participants posting about their trials and tribulations, joys and jubilations in their juice fasts.  Recipe sharing, tips, venting, and support make up the bulk of posts and the enthusiasm is infectious.  That is one reason I've been intending on upping my juice intake to twice a day for a couple weeks.

Today my husband and I began the day with a fruity juice.  Our little daughters helped us.  It was lemony, even though I only put 1/2 lemon in.  I'll try a quarter lemon next time.

And in the afternoon I tried juicing zucchini for the first time with great success.  I left the peel on after reading several sources recommending that, and I thought it gave a slightly minty zing to the juice.

 

Rise and Shine!
Lemony Breakfast:
1/2 lemon
1/3 pineapple
1 apple
8 strawberries
1 cucumber
2 celery stalks

Zucchini Zing:
1 zucchini, peel on
2 celery stalks
8 strawberries
1 apple
1 pear
1/2 head romain lettuce

No comments:

Post a Comment