Monday, February 27, 2012

Craving Craze

The first thing I did when I finished bringing in grocery bags from the car today was cut open and eat a ripe mango I had just purchased.  Ah!  Energy to put groceries away! 

After that job was finished I chopped peppers, spinach, cucumbers and broccoli and made a raw veggie pizza on a croissant crust for dinner.

Since I had the cutting board out, I prepped a pineapple and some veggies for juicing.

What is my pregnant body telling me with these cravings?  Some think that cravings don't necessarily mean that a body is depleted of a particular nutrient.  But in the case of my cravings today, there may be a beta carotene need?  Or maybe Vitamin C?  What would you say?

What I know for certain is that after all these yummy foods I feel quite satisfied.

Pregnant Juice:
1/3 pineapple
1/2 head romaine lettuce
1/2 cucumber
2 stalks celery

I spread 8 oz. cream cheese over the croissant crust before I put 2 cups of chopped veggies on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment