Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Why, Pi, and Quenching Our Thirst For Knowledge

Anyone who has ever spent some time around a four year old knows the hilarious antic of the never-ending game of, "Why?"  I once tried my best to answer each sequential question my daughter asked "why?" to until I literally couldn't go any further (I don't recall her original why, but my last answer was "Because the world was created.")

We humans are all thirsty for knowledge.  Accepting the status quo just isn't enough, something drives us to keep seeking.  On March 14th, some people celebrate "pi" (a greek symbol that represents 3.14 in math formulas).  It's interesting to think about Euclid and Archimedes being four year olds and exhausting their parents with the question of "why?"

A great first step in quenching our thirst for knowledge is great nutrition.  How can our minds be sharp if we feed our bodies with dull foods?

Pi Day Juice:
3 branches kale
1 tomato
3 stalks celery
1 carrot
2 apples
6 strawberries

Surface area of this tomato= 28.27 cm of juicy yumminess.

No comments:

Post a Comment