Saturday, March 3, 2012

Kale Without Apple

Throwing in an apple is a no-brainer for sweetening vegetable juice.  Until today I have always paired kale with apple, a bit ingnorant of kale's power.  Apparently, the fragrance of apples have always masked the odor of kale as well.  My daughter came downstairs after I juiced this afternoon claiming she could smell the kale juice all the way upsatirs. 

All Kale, All The Time:
4 branches of kale
1/4 head of romaine lettuce
1 english cucumber
3 mandarin oranges
1 plum
1 pear
An apple a day keeps the kale flavor away.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you post your daily juice. I began juicing back in September. I supplement my regular diet to get the added nutrients from things like Kale since I cannot stand its taste. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete